You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.
~ The Buddha
Psychotherapy is a dynamic process in which the therapeutic relationship is paramount. This relationship needs to be non-judgmental and based on trust, mutual respect, positive regard, and empathy. The therapeutic environment must feel safe, support openness, and encourage all that are involved to be fully present. Ultimately, it is the relationship that promotes healing.
My approach to psychotherapy is humanistic, one that blends mindfulness with traditional psychology, which I call mindful psychology. My intent is to cultivate awareness, promote insight, and nurture self compassion and acceptance.
I work with a wide range of emotional difficulties and provide:
- Individual Therapy
- Couple Therapy
- ·Family therapy
My office is in Corte Madera, California.
Mindful Voice Integration (MVI)
Mindful Voice Integration is a simple yet powerful process. It has the capacity to shift a person rapidly. It can provide a new perspective that can cultivate insight, wisdom, and integration. Through the exploration of the self, participants can have a profound experience that can rebalance them emotionally.
We all have countless aspects of ourselves. During the MVI process participants are invited to assume an aspect of themselves; to become and give voice to that aspect of the self. This allows a direct experience of this voice and the role it plays in their overall functioning. Through the experience participants become mindful of these various aspects of the self which can help to integrate them in a more cohesive manner.
Mindful Voice Integration is a process that is based on the Big Mind method which was developed by Zen Master Genpo Roshi. Big Mind evolved from Voice Dialogue and Gestalt therapy. MVI integrates mindfulness with Big Mind.
Individual, Group, and Workshop sessions are available.
Dr. Neil Kobrin is a dynamic public speaker who engages audiences through story, humor and insight. He has a very approachable manner. He communicates with warmth and a clarity that can make even complicated material easy to understand. His energetic and enthusiastic style conveys his passion about his subject matter and his caring about his audience. He presents on an array of topics related to emotional well-being, mindfulness and psychology.
Educational Consulting Service
Throughout my academic and educational career I have served as President, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Academic Officer, Faculty Chair and Professor. I have founded several institutions of higher education, including professional graduate schools of psychology and a university campus. I have virtually participated in all aspects of institutional operations, including program development, and have facilitated the accreditations of several schools.
As an Educational Consultant I provide the following services:
Board Development, Restructuring and Reorganization
- Strategic Planning
- Fund Development
- Accreditation issues; including AOL responsibilities, self study preparation, substantive change documents for change of ownership and substantive change documents for additional academic programs
- Development of new academic programs and delivery models
- Institutional Research Development
- Assessment Planning and Program Review
- Enrollment Management, Marketing and Admissions
- Budgetary Planning and Operations, including Capital Budgets
- Academic Policy and Procedure Development
- Catalog Development
- Faculty Related issues: including professional development planning, faculty review procedures, faculty workloads, faculty governance and committee structures
- Student Service and Financial Aid issues
- Mergers and Acquisitions
Organizational Consulting Service
I have provided consultation for mid-size companies and corporate clients. I have counseled Board Chairs, CEOs, Executive Directors and other key members of the organization.
- Leadership Development
- Board Development, Restructuring and Reorganization
- Strategic Planning
- Policy and Procedure Development and Review
- Budget Construction and Management
- Capital Budget Development and Management
- Human Resource Issues
- Personnel Evaluation and Assessment
- Capital Campaigns and Other Business Practices.