Bali Retreat Workshops
Dr. Neil Kobrin & Charlotte Thaarup-Owen
20 hrs CEU’s Available
Are you stressed! Having difficulties sleeping, concentrating, overly emotional or experiencing poor memory?
Are you having difficulty staying focused, rushing through your life, running on automatic or preoccupied with the past or future?
Lets us help bring you to a more centered, present place where you can experience life more fully.
You are invited to a week of Mindfulness, Relaxation, Rejuvenation and Inspiration!
In the Heart of Paradise, Bali
~Realign your mind, body and spirit. Experience a state of well-being and spiritual harmony.
~Enjoy a week full of meditation, yoga, wholesome delicious Balinese food, Mindfulness sessions, Ayurvedic massages at Zen Resort’s amazing spa and outings.
~Nurture your soul, elevate your consciousness and participate in contemplative practices that are calming and expansive.
What participants are saying:
- Thank you for the life changing experience.
- It was an experience which was priceless and soul enriching. Everybody should do this.
- I feel grateful to have had the opportunity to have had this experience.
Mindfulness and Emotional Health
DATE: August 17 to 23 2013
This is a transformative week in which you will gain insight and skills for grounding and experiencing more peace and joy. Bask in contemplative practices that are calming and expansive. Awaken to your higher self. Cultivate compassion, wisdom and insight.
Experience a state of well-being and spiritual harmony. Cultivate mindfulness and emotional well-being.Become familiar with the observing mind and non-judgmental awareness.
Work closely with Dr. Neil Kobrin and Charlotte Thaarup-Owen and learn how to bring more peace and joy into your life by heightening your awareness and acceptance of the Now which is the essence of mindfulness.
The Zen Resort is the perfect place for restoration and rejuvenation of mind, body, and spirit .
- Experience different types of Mindfulness (breathing, sitting, body scan, choiceless meditation,
loving kindness, walking meditation and yoga)
- Understand mindfulness theory and technique
- Examine essential uses of mindfulness
- Discuss Buddhist Psychology theory
- Discuss current research on mindfulness and neuroplasticity
- Apply the principles and applications of mindfulness and mindful practice
- Practice mindful communication to resolve conflict
- Discuss our negative bias and how to actively work on regaining more balance
- To explore the role of mindfulness training for self-care and stress management
Mindfulness and Beyond:
Mindfulness through the Eyes of Compassion
DATE: August 24 to 31 2013
The Mindfulness and Beyond retreat workshop is an advanced mindfulness workshop. It is intended for participants who have completed the Mindfulness and Emotional Health workshop or those who are familiar with and are engaging in mindfulness practices on an ongoing basis.
The underpinning of the workshop is mindfulness and compassion. We will explore more deeply the fourth foundation of mindfulness; Mindfulness of Dharma. Here our mindfulness practice concentrates on awareness and contemplating mental phenomena as “mental phenomena”, with a particular emphasis on cultivation of what are known as The Four Radiant Abodes; Loving-kindness, Compassion, Sympathetic or Altruistic Joy, and Equanimity.
- Kick-start or revitalize your own mindfulness practice
- Enhance the ease and effectiveness of your clinical interventions
- Explore unhelpful patterns which constrict your growth
- Develop a deeper understanding of neuroscience as well as present the most up to date research
- Discuss the philosophical underpinnings of mindfulness
- Explore conflict form a mindful perspective
- Engage participants in Loving Kindness and Compassion practices
- Explore Mindful Voice Integration and its application in clinical practice
“I can’t remember when I last felt this relaxed mentally, physically and spiritually. I no longer feel that I have to be who I think I am, I can be who I want to be.” ~ Cath Braiding – Social Worker
Where: Zen Resort, Bali
The Zen Resort is the perfect place for restoration and rejuvenation of mind, body, and spirit. Set above the ocean, overlooking rice fields and the volcano’s of Java in the distance. The warm tropical climate provides a setting for effortless relaxation, peace and joy. The resort features air-conditioned sea view villas with private terraces and baths. It is surrounded by rice fields and is steps from the secluded Puri Jati seashore.
Dr. Neil Kobrin is a licensed clinical psychologist with decades of experience in human transformation and emotional well-being. He is the author of the book Emotional Well-Being: Embracing the Gift of Life and is the founder and president of the Academy of Mindful Psychology. He is an international workshop leader and is an APA Approved Sponsor and BBS Provider for continuing education. He has held the position of President at Argosy University, and several professional psychology graduate schools and has taught a wide variety of doctoral and master’s level psychology courses.
Charlotte Thaarup-Owen is an internationally experienced consultant and transformative educator. She has over 20 years experience in facilitating change and personal and interpersonal development. She has facilitated mindfulness workshops locally and abroad. She is trained in Jon Kabat-Zinn’s Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and has trained with Zen Master Genpo Roshi, and is a Big Mind facilitator. She is an accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner, a public speaker, and through her company offers mindfulness and Big Mind coaching and training. She has also produced the “Ten Minute Wonders”, a meditation CD.
The cost of the Mindfulness & Emotional Health Workshopin Bali, Indonesia is:
Single Occupancy: AU $2,295.00 per person.
Dual Occupancy: AU $1,895.00 per person.
Triple Occupancy: AU $1,695.00 per person.
A deposit of AU $300.00 is required along with your completed registration form.
Includes: The AU $1,695, AU $1,895.00 and AU $2,295.00 prices include all accommodation and all road transportation in Bali, all workshops, daily meditation and yoga and a free one hour massage. These prices do not include air travel.
Optional Outings: There will be optional outings at reasonable prices: 3 hour Sunrise Dolphin Sail, 3 hour Hot Springs, a visit to Viharha Buddhist Temple, rice field trekking and waterfall swim or scuba driving at a pristine reef.
Excludes: Cost does not include: International Airfare, fees for passport, airport departure tax, additional meals, optional tours, or travel insurance.
Deposit: The deposit AU $300.00 is payable immediately upon registration to secure your place and is non-refundable. This deposit will be applied in full to the cost of the trip. Final payment of the balance due must be received by [TBA]. If the trip is cancelled due to insufficient number of trip participants you will receive a full refund. Cancellation fees 90-60 days, 25% of the cost of the trip; 60-31 days, 50%; 30 days, 100% of cost.
Please note that these retreats are popular, so in order to avoid disappointment we recommend that you secure your place by paying your deposit as soon as possible.
Mindfulness & Emotional Health – 17-23 August 2013
This workshop is facilitated by Dr Neil Kobrin and Charlotte Thaarup-Owen. Starts August 17, 2013.
Mindfulness and Beyond – 24-31 August 2013
This workshop is facilitated by Dr Neil Kobrin and Charlotte Thaarup-Owen. Starts August 24, 2013.
- Consult your physician for information regarding immunisations, medications, etc.
- Travel Insurance is required. Secure best rates within two weeks of registering. We recommend that participants purchase trip cancellation insurance.
- No partial refunds are possible for unused accommodations, air and land travel, unused or missed meals, transfers and tours.
- Local conditions within Bali may necessitate changes in the itinerary which are out of control of Creative Transformations. However we will endeavour to carry out the program as stated in the itinerary.
- Creative Transformations reserves the right to cancel this program prior to departure for any reason including insufficient number of participants.
The workshop will provide 20 CEU’s (APA, BBS) or 20 CPD hours (APS)
If you have questions or would like further information, regarding CEU hours please contact Dr. Neil at 415-381-3988 or email email@example.com.
APS Members can accrue Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours by participating in CPD activities that they determine to be relevant to their individual professional skills, learning plans and goals. These may be self-initiated. CPD activities do not need to be endorsed by the APS. Participants will be provided the required detailed documentation for claiming hours. This will be in the form of hour to hour learning objectives for the full program.
If you have questions or would like further information, regarding CPD hours please contact Charlotte at 0432 724 764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.